After-School Frequently Asked Questions
Any kid who is fueled by curiosity, loves to learn, and is hungry for knowledge and engagement. Most after-school classes are held on a school campus, but locations may vary. Please confirm a course’s location and age range on its information page.
When NuMinds is managing after-school course enrollment:
- 30 days’ notice is required for cancellation of the remaining classes in the course series. Cancellation notice must be submitted via email to NuMindsAdmin@numien.com. 10% of the registration tuition is non-refundable. A refund of future classes (starting 30 days after email notice) will be issued in the same manner as the payment was made.
- 24-hour notice is required if individual class days will be missed (due to illness, vacation, etc.). The charge for the individual class(es) will be applied to the account in the form of credit.
- We reserve the right to cancel a session date if participation numbers are not sufficient to support a class.
When an educational partner is managing after-school course enrollment:
- Please contact that organization directly to learn their enrollment policies.
Course prices vary by location.
When NuMinds is managing enrollment:
- Part of the registration (10%) is non-refundable as it covers credit card fees, clerical work, scheduling, and ordering supplies. More information on our cancellation policy is available on this page.
When an educational partner is managing enrollment:
- Please contact that organization for more information on pricing.
Yes, many courses and camps offer installment payments. Here is how you opt into them:
- Access the enrollment page using the Chrome browser (or another browser that’s not Internet Explorer).
- Click the course or camp registration link at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the “ADD TO CART” button on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Complete the information for each student. (You may need to create an account first, if this is the first time using this enrollment system.)
- Be sure to click the “NEXT” button on each screen instead of the “Add to Cart” button. (See the example screen shot below.)
- After completing the Additional Info questions, click the “NEXT” button again.
- Then, select the “Pay in installments” check box. (See the example screen shot below.) This will implement installment payments, as an alternative to charging the entire series amount to your method of payment.
- Click “Add to Cart” and complete the transaction.
We use our proprietary curriculum model to create unique, STEAM courses that allow for project-based, interdisciplinary study. All of our courses include options for choice and accelerated materials. Every class is taught by a passionate Inspirator who has been trained to work with a wide variety of students in mixed-aged classroom models.
How do we choose our own courses?
3 Easy Steps to Picking the Right Course
Some courses have a “Recommended Brain Age” which means that while your kid may be a 1st grader, he or she thinks about a topic at an advanced level. For example, we have seen classes where a first grader and an eighth grader work side-by-side on computer programming.
Next, find out what your kid is interested in. The whole purpose of the course is to allow him or her to pursue individual passions. This is not an academic prep course; instead, it’s a testing ground to get kids fired up about careers or areas of study they normally wouldn’t be exposed to.
Finally, see if there are any glaring reasons why age could be a barrier. For example, some classes require fine micro motor skills that just haven’t developed. Don’t let this stop you, one of our co-founders put his 1st grade daughter in an Ed Emberly drawing course, and although her project wasn’t as refined as the other students, she loved the course and still talks about it. However, he didn’t put her in the Mythology course because he was uncomfortable with all of the “relations” those gods and goddesses have!
We embrace the freedom of choice, allowing campers to choose high-interest STEAM courses that most align with their passions and curiosities.
We focus on key character traits through positive messages and curated experiences which nurture mind-body connection in a hands-on, mixed-age environment.
If you love what we do and want to support us, here are a few ways. And thank you for even reading this far–you mean the world to us!
- Follow us on social media. This helps us reach a wider audience and share what we do.
- Take just a minute to mention us to your friends. No advertisement could ever replace the value of word-of-mouth.
- Ask your local school or PTA organization if they would like to host a NuMinds program. Just put us in contact, and we’ll handle the rest.
- Volunteer at one of our events. We’re always in need of help, and we’ll pass the savings on to you in the form of discounted admission.
- Send us your ideas! Many of our ideas have spurned from everyday conversations with those who see a need.
- Provide a financial donation. All donated money goes directly to course expenses–pencils, paper, supplies, etc.
- Thank the universe for all the blessings in your life, and then recognize the value of the very breath in your lungs. Be happy and grateful–making the world a better place!